Wednesday, January 4, 2012

January 4

Wednesday's are always busy days here. We recently got a new Children's Ministry Director husband and wife team and they are doing wonderful things with our kids.

Our mid-week children's program starts at 5pm with Bible Quizzing, then at 6pm we have dinner, 6:30pm is Worship songs and a puppet show, from 7pm-8pm is class time with a rotating 20 min recreation time.  It is a lot of fun and believe it or not it goes by very fast.

We used to have just our 7-8pm class time.  When they presented us with the new schedule and I saw how long it was I thought it would drag on and that no one would show up for the whole time....i know, Ms. Negative Nelly here :(

But I am glad to say that we have had over half of the kids show up for the Bible Quizzing and then the rest of the kids plus many new faces have started to filter in between 6pm and 7pm.  It was also made very clear at the beginning that no one is required to come all 3 hours.  You are free to just do the Bible Quizzing or just the class time or anything in between.

We recently received a schedule of all of the events for the rest of the year and every month is at least one activity in addition to the Wednesday night program.  I am so excited to be part of a growing and loving church.  

Now on to today's assignment: Declutter the top shelf of one of your cabinets.

Being that this is a busy day for us, I decided to declutter the headboard of my bed.  I took a before picture but some how I took it without the SD card in the camera and I can't figure out how to retrieve it.  And Teen isn't home to help.

All I can say is that it was full of books and papers and lots of dust.  I sure wish I had a before picture to share, but here is the after:


I even cleaned out the cupboards and they are now both empty as well.  I think this is probably the first time it has been this empty since we moved in here.  The only thing on the shelf behind the pillows is a tissue box, the two tv remotes and Little S's bedtime devotions book.

-Stacy

No comments: