Sunday, January 1, 2012

January 1

I gave up making Resolutions years ago.  No use in setting myself up to fail every year.

I recently came across this website calendar while playing around on pinterest: Declutter Calendar 2012

My first 'assignment' is "Think about who you want to be this year"

This year I really want to try to get more organized at home and let go of a lot of STUFF that I have just sitting around or stuffed in drawers.

I am one of those people that get emotionally attached to 'things'.  Not to the point that I keep empty tissue boxes cause someone gave it to me but I definitely keep other stuff that I do not use.

We had a 'white elephant' gift exchange the other day. I liked being able to get stuff out that I was not using or hadn't used and pass it on to someone.  I am sure some of it will end up being re-gifted again but at least it is out of my house.  And I don't feel bad about it :)

I am going to try to sell things and pass things on as much as I can.  I long for a simple empty house without a bunch of stuff, just the things we need.

Do you have a goal this year? Did you make any resolutions?

Stacy

5 comments:

Dory said...

Ohhhh I need a declutter calendar!!! What a great idea, thanks for sharing!

White Hot Magik said...

I don't make resolutions, but goal making is a task I could get better out. We have been doing some decluttering but need to do a ton more.

Heidi said...

Yep, I have some goals. I used to be attached to stuff but once I started getting rid of stuff it felt sooooooo good! I don't have a problem throwing stuff away now or giving it to goodwill. You can do it!

Susan said...

I agree--no more resolutions! My goal is to declutter also! I think it will take me about 6 mos. to go through every room with a "fine-toothed comb". I plan to get rid of as much as I can, either donate, save or trash! I've already started but I have a long way to go.... Lord, please give me strength and the will to continue..

Jen said...

I did some SERIOUS decluttering this past year and let me tell you - I miss none of the things I donated/tossed.
My house is basically just furniture and photos now. I have hardly anything on the walls (except family pictures.)
My house seems cleaner and it is so much easier to keep up with.

I don't make resolutions anymore either, but I do have a goal to run a 1/2 marathon sometime in 2012. Scares me to even think about it!

Happy New Year! <3