Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wednesday Would You

Last week I took my friend Laurel down to Pittsburgh for her chemo treatments. We got a lot of chatting and catching up done. One of the things that came up during our conversation made me really think. I am still not sure I have an answer so I am asking you for your opinion. So if the technology/knowledge existed: Would you rather know when & how you are going to die? or Would you rather go on with your normal life not knowing? I pondered this a lot. At first I thought I would want to know and then I changed and decided that I didn't, but then I wavered back again. What would you decide? Stacy

6 comments:

Susan said...

Hi, dear! I'd rather not know. I've seen that facing your mortality can make you live life to the fullest with my mom as an example but I think I'd panic at the thought of that day approaching.

Vonnie said...

THAT is a good question! I think I would like to know. My mom died of cancer in 2000. 19 days after being diagnosed. She got to say and do what she wanted in those last days ( as long as she was able)and I think it was a beautiful gift for all of us.

Crystal said...

I don't think I'd want to know. I'm afraid, if I knew, I'd try to cheat death somehow. Better to live each day as though it were your last, even if it isn't.

Becca said...

I think, and this is only me, that I would want to know. I would want to be in control of the way that I left this life and got to do and say and experience all that I wanted to before the end came.

Heidi said...

That is a tough question! My first instinct was that I wouldn't want to know but I wavered a bit. I think in the end I wouldn't want to. I was just wondering how your friend was the other day. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Jen said...

No thanks. I would be in a panic as the day drew close - particularly if I were to die young.
I want it to be a surprise. :)