Monday, March 21, 2011

Games

A few weeks ago we went to my Mum's for a weekend visit. I have mentioned before how much my kids look forward to going to her house because we always play games. It doesn't matter if it is cards or a board game or something else, the kids just love it and so do we. My grandma even comes out and plays with us if we are playing cards. (She is 88 and can still beat us at times)
This is my grandma and my 3 boyz :)
While we were there this time the boyz wanted to play something different. So they went down to the basement and looked on the shelves to try and find something we haven't played in a while or perhaps not at all.
They found an old Michigan Rummy game down there. We skipped the part about the poker hand as none of us really knew the hands and ranks and such.
This is the game board. It came with about 100 chips to use. We used them in no time and needed to find something else to keep us going. Our solution was:

Buttons, lots and lots of buttons. We sorted them out and tried to use the bigger ones as my Mum had just had carpal tunnel surgery and picking up the little buttons were hard for her. We played that game for hours. And we actually just finally decided on a time and quit at about midnight.
Since the kids had so much fun with it, my parents just ordered a bunch of bingo chips that we can use the next time we are down. The boyz can't wait to go back.
Stacy

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Sounds like fun! I love playing board and card games, but the Rev. not so much!