Monday, January 10, 2011

God's Extreme Makeover

We had another fabulous sermon yesterday in church. I love that our new preacher is so young and full of life and ideas. And he is really down-to-earth and living right where we are. It probably helps that he has 5 boys. I am sure they keep him pretty grounded.

I've taken more notes in church in the last few weeks than I ever have. I really need to start taking a note book to church with me. I have all of the weekly bulletin flyer's stuck here and there in my Bible to remind me of certain verses and key ideas.

The new theme that Pastor Jeff is preaching about is God's Extreme Makeover in Me. You can catch the sermon yourself here. Just scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the correct date.

Some of the key points I picked up are the following:
1) There is a Huge gap between who we project to be and who we really are. Do we really let our guard down with our church family and let them know the mess we really are?
2) God intended us to 'do life' together. Through everything good and bad, we need to share ourselves with each other.
3) That we all need at least one person in our lives that we can be completely honest with and a mess with and they will still stand besides us, pray for us and love us.
4) We need to love the lost. We shouldn't judge people for their past, we should accept them for who they are now, saved by the blood of Christ and made new. Romans 8:1

There were a ton more things to share, but these are the ones that really hit home with me. And the whole time through the service and that last point I kept thinking back to a video that Shannon shared a while back. And I really needed to watch it again and share it with you. I know it is a little long, but please take the time to watch it. I promise you will be blessed.



I absolutely love that I am now being fed so well in church that it takes me days to digest it. I hope that something here has touched you as well.

Stacy

No comments: