Thursday, November 4, 2010

November 4

I just got back from the schools Financial Aid night for high school seniors preparing for college. I am a little bit overwhelmed by all there is to do. Saturday we are going to an open house at a nearby college.

I'm pretty sure that I can no longer pretend that Teen is not a senior.


Sadly we are starting to see less and less of him. He has a job, a driver's license and lots of activities to keep him busy.

It is hard to believe that pretty soon I will be missing this:

He makes me laugh and gives great hugs and still even sneaks in an 'I love you' every once in a while.

Last Friday was Senior Night at the football game. As we stood in line preparing to go out to the field I ask him if we could just step out of line and pretend that he wasn't a senior. He chose to move forward. I promised I wouldn't cry at the game that night and I didn't even though I was dying inside.

I sure hope that the next two aren't as hard to let go as this one is.

Stacy

3 comments:

Becca said...

I am sure the firstborns are the ones that break your hearts when they move on from childhood, but you are raising a great young man! Enjoy the ride mom, you deserve to savor every moment!

The Gaelic Wife said...

We're starting to look for colleges for the second daughter. I will keep her away from today's blog. I'm sure she'd take one look at it, say "he's cute", and want to know where he'll go to college.

Jen said...

Yep. It is hard on a mama's heart to see a kiddo graduate and move on. I feel your pain.