Sunday, November 28, 2010

November 28

Thanksgiving is over, it's back to reality tomorrow. I have enjoyed my nice long weekend. We did a lot of nothing and a little of nada and a LOT of driving.

Friday afternoon I drove into Pittsburgh to pick up Teen's girlfriend from college for a few days. It's a long story but basically her parents weren't going to get her. She worked Black Friday morning since she wasn't going home and then I picked her up after work.

Teen slept out in the living room on the blow up mattress while Hubby slept on the couch beside him and GF stayed in Teen's room. Teen had to work for a few hours on Saturday so she just hung out in his room and played online until he came home.

She left a little while ago to head home. Her roommate was home for the holiday so she road back with her.

We went out for a little bit Friday morning and I got a new Christmas Tree. Our old one was a pre-lit and several of the rows of lights no longer worked. It is now up and decorated. The last one was all white lights and this one is colored. I also bought some new decorations and we got it all decorated. It is taking me a while to get used to it. I have had the same theme for the past 6 or 7 years so it looks so different. I may have to rearrange some things yet.

We bought a few other things that morning as well, but not too much. I don't like the big crowds. My sister-in-law is one of the nuts that stands in line all night waiting for something. CRAZY! I would never do that.

So what about you? Are you a Black Friday up at 3:00 am to stand in line type person, a get there right after it opens and if you get a deal you get a deal type person, or do you just say forget it and sleep in? I'm the second type. Although I may get up a little early tomorrow and see if there are any good deals online. I am dying to get my hands on a Kindle!

Stacy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, I'm NOT usually a black-friday enthusiast. However I do have a wife that volunteers my services toward that endevor. I remember a few years ago, that our grandchildren wanted certain toys that were on sale that hateful day of shopping. Of course, I was elected to blaze a trail some awful UnGodly time before 3AM to stand in the blistering sub freezing temperature while praying that Black-fridays would be cancelled the rest of my life. So NO, I am not a fan of that horriblble day, no matter what my wife, daughters, or grandchildren think.