Wednesday, June 9, 2010

June 9

Today's Prompt: Japanese lore suggests that if you fold 1,000 paper cranes, your wish will come true. What would your wish be, and what would you be willing to do 1,000 times to get it?

This is another easy one for me.

I would wish for my family and extended family to become and always be financially stable. I have struggled and watched my family members struggle for too many years. I don't wish that they be rich beyond words, although that would be nice :), just that they never have to worry about buying groceries or how they are going to pay the repair man.

What would your wish be?

Stacy

3 comments:

Tracie said...

Now thats a nice thought!!

Crystal said...

Hmm. Financial independence would be towards the top of my list too. Would I make 1000 cranes? Yes (after I learn how). What would I wish for? I am stuck between two options.
The first would be for my son's asthma to go away. His asthma has affected every part of our lives and still keeps him from fully enjoying some activities. It has also brought sensitivity to things and allergies that some days feel hard to cope with.
The second would be a sense of inner peace. Selfish, I know, but I would really love to get back to a place where I am happy with myself and am able to be the person I want to be. I used to be a kind, compassionate person who would do just about anything for anyone else, but somewhere along the line, I lost that and became a little more jaded and hard. I certainly don't want to be naive, but maybe a little softer than I am.

Becca said...

You have been to read mine!