Tuesday, June 8, 2010

June 8

Today's Prompt: You've just been given a million dollars. You are not allowed to keep it or give it to anyone you know personally. What do you do with it and why?

This one is probably pretty easy for me. I think it would actually be harder if I could keep it or give it to someone I knew.

I would donate it to several charities that are near and dear to my heart.

First would be The American Cancer Society. I have watched too many people both struggle with and lose the battle with cancer. I know there is a cure out there somewhere and hopefully it will be found in my lifetime.

Second would be Susan G Komen for the Cure. This is another cancer organization but is specifically for Breast Cancer. Most of you know my friend Laurel has struggled with breast cancer for many years now. I also have Hubby's Aunt Mary who had it, his Grandma Mickey, and our realtor Kathy who died from it.

Then I would give part to Make a Wish Foundation. As an adult we have so many chances to do what ever we want in life. There are so many children that have terminal illnesses or very serious medical conditions that will never allow them the chance to do the things they dream about. That is where Make A Wish comes into the picture. It grants wishes to children. This charity just makes my heart swell.

And the last thing I would do with it is pass it out anonymously to small charities that are local to me. Such as the Women's Shelter, the Homeless Men's Shelter, the Community Food Warehouse, and any other little struggling charities that aer helping those in need in my area. I would add in the local churches, but I think that may be against the rules as I know people that go there.

What would you do?

Stacy

3 comments:

Becca said...

Love your answers, going to be working on mine!

Chris said...

Great answers, Stacy! As a result of my dad's estate we've been able to give some nice gifts to some of the organizations our church supports: campus missions, a christian camp, crisis pregnancy centers & Teen Challenge for men/women with substance abuse issues. We hope to be able to give more in the years to come. It's amazing the blessing that comes to your heart when you give to these organizations & know lives are changed. :)

Anonymous said...

I know you said not to anyone you know but first would be you kids if I could. But since I wouldn't be able to, I would give to my church first(I know, I know these people too) and then buy enough land that I could take a lot of the animals in the shelters out of their cages and give them room to run and play and not be cramped up. And also to the American Cancer Society because they helped me when your dad was sick.

bko