Monday, April 19, 2010

Detention

I was watching iCarly with Little S tonight and it was about getting detention.

Believe it or not, I got detention once in Jr. High School. My really good friend Jenny just happened to be the principals daughter. We also just happened to not be allowed to chew gum in school. However we were allowed to chew gum on the bus. We lived on one side of the school district and the Jr High was on the other so we had about a 45 minute ride to school each morning with stops along the way. Jenny and I had a habit of stopping in to see her dad in the morning to say hi and just check in. Well you see where this is going right? We walked in one morning with gum in our mouths. Not one to play favorites (I actually think he was harder on us) he had us spit out our gum and gave us detention right there on the spot. I couldn't believe it. I was mortified that I had detention. I was a goody goody and didn't get in trouble.

A few years ago Teen got detention in High School. I honestly can't say that I blame him for getting it and if I were in the same situation I probably would have gotten it too. He was in science class in 7th or 8th grade and they were learning about rock formations. The class was mostly boys and the teacher was talking about basal cleavage. You know what happened next. All the kids started snickering. Teen got into one of those uncontrollable laughs. He was sent to the back of the room and told to turn his desk around. Then the teacher proceeded to say basal cleavage several more times. He just couldn't stop laughing and soon he was given detention. I couldn't even yell at him, I just laughed as well.

So have you ever gotten detention? If so why?

4 comments:

Jen said...

I served detention for skipping school my freshman year. I went to Topeka (an hour drive from my small hometown,) with 3 friends to opening day of the new shopping mall.
My parents figured out I skipped, but didn't know where I was when I was absent from school. When I got home and they asked where I had been, I told the truth and said, "Topeka."
They thought I was lying - they could not believe I would go to the "city" with 3 high school friends. They argued with me that I was probably at the lake working on my tan!
Anyway, I served several hours of detention at school, got "zeroes" for all assignments on the day I missed, and my parents grounded me for 2 weeks.
Lesson learned! :)

Becca said...

Honestly, no I never got detention. I was too scared of my mothers reaction.

Call me goody two shoes, but you know better.

Hey you? Update my blog address..it is:

http://rebeccaonewordatatime.blogspot.com/

meg said...

Never got detention, but I was suspended once~ because another girl jumped me after class & I fought back :-S

Turfdad said...

Obviously he got his bad behavior from you. :)