Thursday, February 4, 2010

Season, Reason, Lifetime

I am sure most of you have read the poem before but if not click on this link:

Season, Reason, Lifetime

After reading through it, I often think of different people that have been there for a Season or a Reason and I am thankful for them. I am even more thankful for those ‘Lifetime’ people.

Recently I have had a ‘Reason’ friend attempt to make contact with me again. For all intents and purposes, I am glad she was there when she was, but it was a very different time in my life and I have moved so far beyond that stage of life that I do not want this relationship to bloom again.

Of course, now I am feeling very guilty about not responding to her attempt. But even the attempt that she made, was not out of love, but out of, well for lack of a better word, nosiness and probably a little bit of spite as well.

It makes me sad that things had to turn out the way they did, but I feel that I am much better off without her in my life. There weren’t any hurt feelings at the time, we both moved on and kind of drifted apart. I have kept in touch with her daughter and know that it’s best that we remain as a ‘Reason’ in each other’s life.
I finally feel that I am starting to understand this poem and this stage of my life. I have realized who my Lifetime friends are and have been so blessed. I know that there are still many Season and Reason people out there and I think I have learned to accept them and the circumstances that bring them about.
Stacy

4 comments:

Chris said...

Very thoughtful post, Stacy. I've never heard or read this poem before but I can see many applications in my life. I can really see the Reason people that are here now & I hope some become Lifetime. But I'm not in control of that. And I think I might be a Reason to someone right now. I just hope I can make a difference. Looking back I can see a number of Season people - mostly thru work or church. Some I wish were more, but again I'm not in control.

It's good that you can see where this person fits & have been given the wisdom to help further define the relationship. Boundaries are important. We have fences in our lives for reasons, or Reasons. Glad you were able to see where one was helpful.

Thanks for sharing this. I just hope I remember to use it correctly. :)

Becca said...

Beautifully written, and from the heart. You are neither a reason or a season friend with me. You are one of the people I consider a lifetime friend. You have known me through some really rough times, and have always been there for me.

Big hugs...

Dory said...

I love this poem also - and it's really helped me to see why some relationships went astray and why some have blossomed and endured.

Thanks for sharing.
Love you, my lifetime friend.

Unknown said...

A great post we need to learn and remember. I just pray I treat them correctly! LOL Looking back, I can also see some reason and season people.. Isn't it wonderful that God moves people in and out of our lives like that?
hugs,
Jean