Monday, September 7, 2009

My Mum

My mum calls me Friday to tell me what had just happened to her and of course I have to share it with all of you.
(Please don't be drinking anything while reading this.)

First a little background. My parents built a large addition on to their house a while ago as a mother-in-law suite for my grandma (her mum). It has large sun room that has a living room area, dining area w/ fridge and microwave and then there is a nice size bedroom with walk-in closet and en-suite bathroom. They converted the smaller bedroom to an office, broke through the outside wall and put in an etched glass door to her suite.

So my mum decided to sweep the carpeting in the bathroom and bedroom for my mummum. As she is in the bathroom, the belt must have broken and started smoking and stinking. So she stopped sweeping. Then my step-dad went down stairs and got the other vacuum from the basement. He set it in the office just outside my grandma's suite. My mum walks in and as she picks it up she hears this "chshsh chshsh" sound. So she sets the sweeper down. Looks at it doesn't see anything and it isn't plugged. So she picks it back up and again hears "chshsh chshsh". She puts it right back down and hollers for my dad. She is convinced there is a snake in the vacuum. (Last summer one of the neighbors found a snake in their basement.)

My dad comes out, picks it up and nothing happens. He looks at it and still nothing, thinking my mum is just nuts or hearing things.

So she shrugs it off, picks it up and nothing. She walks out into my grandma's suite just as she picks up the room freshener and sprays it "chshsh chshsh". She just happened to spray as my mum picked up the sweeper before.

I am sure the people around me at the football game Friday night thought I was nuts as I was laughing so hard I was crying.

And you all wonder why I am the way I am. ;)

Stacy

4 comments:

Dory said...

lol lol lol

Unknown said...

Thanks for the warning!! That sounds exactly like something my mom and I would do!!LOL That is funny!

BEK said...

:)

Jen said...

That WAS funnnnnny!