Monday, August 10, 2009

Nothing Much

We are finally getting our summer weather, now that summer is almost over. It has been really hot and humid here the last few days. It is nice coming home to a cool house. We have air at work, but it doesn't keep up well when it gets this hot.

Teen was gone at band camp all week last week. He left Sunday and returned Friday. Tween and Little S left Wednesday and went camping with Grandma Retta and Uncle John. I went up Friday night and stayed until Saturday afternoon. It was nice to get away and relax a bit. I love camping. Especially since we stay in a camper and not a tent. And we have a bathroom in the camper. Those of you that know me, know I couldn't if that weren't the case....lol

Saturday was the community picnic here at the apartments. We had a nice time. Every year one of the residents arranges everything and it always turns out nice. It started to rain this year just as we were finishing up.

Soccer starts tomorrow which means that fall is right around the corner. I love it.

Fall is my favorite time of the year.

Friday night football games. Jeans and a comfy sweatshirt. Crisp air. Colorful leaves. And that rotten apple, dying leaf smell in the air. Nothing beats it.

There is so much going on here right now I know I have been slacking and leaving a lot of story out here and there. As we start to get back into routines here, I should be able to blog more.

I have a few posts in mind so stop by again soon.

Stacy

No comments: