Monday, August 17, 2009

A Movie Review

I usually don't review movies. But I just can't stop thinking about this movie:







Synopsis from imdb.com:

Lt. Caleb Holt lives by the old fire fighter's adage: Never leave your partner behind. Inside burning buildings, it's his natural instinct. In the cooling embers of his marriage, it's another story.

After a decade of marriage, Caleb and Catherine Holt have drifted so far apart that they are ready to move on without each other. Yet as they prepare to enter divorce proceedings, Caleb's dad asks his son to try an experiment: The Love Dare.

While hoping The Love Dare has nothing to do with his parents' new found faith, Caleb commits to the challenge. But can he attempt to love his wife while avoiding God's love for him? Will he be able to demonstrate love over and over again to a person that's no longer receptive to his love? Or is this just another marriage destined to go up in smoke?

I first saw a little trailer for this movie on TLC's 18 Kids & Counting. Then my Mum talked about it and kept asking me if I had seen it. After that a dear friend of mine asked me if I had seen it after I told her about some issues that Hubby and I were going through.

I am so glad I watched this movie. I am so glad for all of those people that recommended it and all the subtle hints I received that I should watch it.

If you have not seen this movie - go, no run to the nearest video store and rent it.

After watching this movie I know (once again) that there isn't anything that Hubby and I can't work through. God is on our side. I guess I just needed a reminder.

One of the hardest things to do when you are mad, upset, hurt by, or disappointed in someone is to pray for them. But this is the most important thing you can do. I learned so much from this movie and think that anyone that is married and especially those struggling with the marriage should watch this movie and check out their website .

Stacy

4 comments:

Chris said...

Our church had a movie night where we showed it and then had a follow-up bible study based on it. And we still haven't seen it! I should bump it up on my Netflix queue...

Thanks for the "nudge".

Lucky Wife/Bookaholic said...

I thought it was a great story line, and habits that we can all fall victim too easliy... I'm am glad it renewed your strength in your marriage.

Dory said...

It was a fabulous movie. Great story filled with great lessons.

Unknown said...

Absolutely loved this movie. I have it along with the "Love Dare" book.