Monday, November 10, 2008

November 10

Today I am Thankful for this past weekend.

Friday morning I got up before the butt-crack of dawn even thought about appearing to catch a 7:10 flight. I had two flights and both of them were just great.

Here is the thing about airports that I just don't understand. And if you know the answer, please tell me. I live almost exactly right between two major airports - Pittsburgh & Cleveland. I drove an hour south to catch a flight to fly in Pittsburgh to fly to Cleveland to catch another flight to my final destination. I looked into direct flights from Cleveland to my destination and it was $200 more. Why does it cost more to take one less flight?

Friday night we went to the Spaghetti Factory for dinner. After dinner we had a chilly but very nice ride provided by Dolly.
I had never been on a horse drawn carraige ride through the streets before.
Then we went back to the hotel and laughed until our sides hurt. Before falling fast asleep.
Stacy

4 comments:

meg said...

That is kind of weird about the airport :-S

BEK said...

It's all about the "hubs." But it just doesn't make sense :)

Shannon said...

I agree- it's crazy! Just like it's crazy that I have to fly past my home town to Houston- and then back again. Air travel is WEIRD-O!

Becca said...

Crazy, but just like it is cheaper for us to fly into SFO before we fly to Kona than to fly to Maui or Honolulu and then Kona. Weird. And over night flights are cheaper too!