Monday, August 18, 2008

We Had A Bacon Good Time!

Friday night we had the end of summer swim and slumber party for the Jr Youth Group.

Our theme for the evening was "Bacon"! Silly right? I have 6 boys and 3 girls in my group. The boys are obsessed with Bacon. They talk about it every week, hence the theme of our party.

I made a watermelon basket and filled it with watermelon, cantalope, and honeydew balls. Around the bottom of the basket on the tray I have grapes, pineapple and cherries. I also got a bunch of veggies cut up and had veggie trays.

Where's the bacon?

We were bakin' in the sun at the pool. The boys stood at the end of the pool and formed the word bacon with their bodies and then jumped into the water at the same time.

We had bacon pizza.
We played bacon bingo. I had a list of words for them to place on their cards and they had to yell bacon when they won. A lot of the prizes were bacon related.
We played pin the bacon in the man's mouth.
We watched "My Dog Skip" starring non-other than Kevin Bacon.
We had bacon chips and bacon dip.
They finally settled down and went to sleep around 2 am. And they were back up at 7 am. We served Bacon, Egg & Cheese for breakfast.
Then they jumped back in the pool until noon.

It was a blast. I loved the theme adn can't wait to do it again next year.

Stacy

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I love, love, love this!! So creative and so fun!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!

White Hot Magik said...

That is to bacon funny! Glad to see you can roll with the good times. Since you mentioned the job thing in a previous post, have you considered substitute teaching? I did it last year some and am going to this year again. You are good with kids, it doesn't require you to work when the kids aren't in school and at least here doesn't pay too badly.