Sunday, May 18, 2008

Predictable Weather

Every year it starts to get really nice and warm here around the end of April. Beautiful weather. Not too hot, not too cold.
Sunny
Great for sitting outside and reading a book in the yard.
On The Hammock
While I read, Seth rides his bike up and down the sidewalk. At the end of the sidewalk is a drainage pipe. And in the drainage pipe lives 2 frogs. He goes and checks on them and comes back.
Frog Frog
The first week that I was off work were beautiful, perfect weather. The neighbor, Seth and I even walked in the mornings.
Walking 2

Then the Carnival came to town.
Roller Coaster
It has been all downhill since. Seriously.
Every year the first two weeks in May, there is a small carnival that pulls up in the mall parking lot and sets up the rides and food booths.
Every year when it comes to town, the weather turns bad.
Rainy
It rains and never gets above 65* for the whole two weeks. And it isn't even a warm 65* because of the rain and dampness. I am not even sure why they keep coming back every year. I have never even taken my kids because it does not get warm enough.

On a lighter note, they should be pulling out soon and as I looked at the weather for the next few days, I see a warming trend is on the way here.
Woohoo
Soon we will be outside again. Reading and Relaxing.

Stacy

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh boy! Our weather has gotten very predictable and HOT! It was 96 yesteray- wish I could share some of the heat with you!

Jen said...

I think your days of hanging out with Seth sound heavenly! Wish I lived closer! I'd go for walks with you every morning! Maybe you would keep me motivated!